Charles Edward Keyser
10 September 1847 – 23 May 1929
Lord of the Manor: 1893-1929
Charles Keyser bought Aldermaston Court in 1893, it is rumoured after being advised by his sister Agnes, a close friend of Edward VII and founder of King Edward VII’s Hospital for Officers in London.
Charles Keyser restored the 12th Century Church at Aldermaston from 1896-1902 using his friends from the Society of Antiquarians: Edward Doran Webb, architect and Philip Harry Newman, artist.
This page is being developed and any information on Charles Edward Keyser is most welcome. Please post as a comment.