Charles Edward Keyser (1847 – 1929) was undoubtedly the greatest benefactor this village has had in recent times, during his time as owner and Lord of the Manor. He purchased the whole estate in 1893 and contributed much of his large fortune to improving the villager’s conditions. Images of this remarkable man and of his family are presented below.
Also, newly re-discovered is an article contributed to the Parish Magazine in 2006 by Mrs Ursula Wadram, Charles Keyser’s granddaughter. This gives a wonderful insight into the lives of the members of this remarkable family.